Homeopathy For People & Pets
Homeopathy is kind, gentle, non toxic and non addictive and can reform a dog’s behaviour far quicker than training alone.
I have been using Canine Natural Cures for around 9 years and always seek the guidance of Francis Gavin, leading homeopathic behaviourist a co member of The Federation of Dog Trainers and Canine Behaviourists of which I am a member.
I have found that by combining homeopathy and training together dog owners get amazing solutions to what seemed impossible behavioural problems. In the case of chronic conditions one can expect to see an improvement in your dogs condition within 3 weeks although it can be far quicker for many dogs and just occasionally takes a little longer.
Many remedies are available, below I list problems that can be dealt with.
- Timid and easily frightened dogs that are shy and withdrawn.
- Dogs that suffered fright of some type or had a bad experience or ill treatment from former owners.
- Specifically for fear of men and for dogs that backs of make judges or badly treated by a man in the past.
- Aggression towards other dogs is a nuance to say the least.
- Many dogs are aggressive towards other dogs simply through fear.
- For dominant dogs that fight and want to be a top dog. Also very useful for dogs that try to dominate owners that growl and grumble.
- Dogs that are people aggressive, also for dogs that may snap at the family.
- When males are excited by a bitch in season nearby, he may loose weight and condition.
- Over sexed dogs who square up to other males are a nuisance.
- Males dogs to help improve fertility.
- Reluctant stud dogs to improve their sex drive.
- Put an end to oversexed and embarrassing behaviour, mounting of childrens legs, cushions or blankets.
- Helps bring down a missing testicle! This is a two month course. Best results come from giving it to dogs under 12 months old.
- Hormonal inbalance at any time between seasons can make a bitch depressed or moody so that she does not show or work well. Some bitches become irritable and nervous.
- Prevent a phantom pregnancy! No loss of condition before a show, no milk, no saggy undercarriage and no nesting. Nine week course begins during the bitches first season.
- Poor traveller helps with dribbling, sickness, restlessness, whining and even soiling themselves. Two week course has proved to be a permanent cure for many dogs.
- Calm over excitable dogs. Make your hyperactive dog more manageable.
- Help to reduce the terror of noise sensitive dogs. Some dogs shake, tremble and try to hide at the sound of fireworks, thunder and gunfire.
- Poor feeders with a finicky appetite, not interested in food.
- No bark designed for dogs that get stressed when left home alone and bark or howl continuously.
- No chew for dogs that destroy your home through chewing or scratching. This is normally caused by stress.
- Help stiff lame dogs and maintain mobility in arthritic joints.
- Itchy and inflamed skin, a combination of Sulphur and Nat.Mur
- Allergic to grass, grass pollens, dust mites and most allergic problems. Also for flea allergies
- If your dog has a pink nose it can help to restore to black.
- There are a few homeopathic remedies that can be of use to help dogs through the firework season.
To help the dog cope with a sudden fright, and especially for the dog that starts that high pitched excited barking and does not quite know what to do with itself. This is the one that seems to work best. I would suggest one a day for a few days before you expect fireworks to start, but it can also be used on the spot for the dog that is cracking up – one every 15 minutes for up to one and a half hours. Aconite is a short-lived remedy so can be given at frequent intervals.
For that real trembling nervousness. Can be given one tablet an hour for up to ten doses.
Quite useful if you can anticipate when loud noises are likely to happen. Could be given at a dose of one tablet three times a day for the few days leading up to when you expect fireworks to be around (ie from 29 – 31 December or 2 – 6 July (US))
Can be used singly or in combination.
Doses given are for the 6C potency.
My usual legal addition: I am not a vet but people have told me that these worked for their dogs. Remember that how you react can seriously influence your dog. If you act cool, calm and confident whilst fireworks are going off your dog is more likely to cope. If you act all “Oh don’t worry, Mummy’s here!” your dog will reckon there is really something to worry about going on!
Some of the above will require a change in some of your pets routine, further details email firstname.lastname@example.org
Commitment, Firmness, but kindness.
About Author :
Do you have any problems with your pet? Then why not send your problem to DAVID THE DOGMAN. David is a Canine Behaviorist who works and lives in Marbella, Spain. Tel/Fax (00345) 2883388. His web site is located at: http://www.thedogman.net.
David has his own radio and TV shows, and writes for many newspapers and magazines. David has been working with dogs for many years and started his career in Israel, working on the Border Police.
He has been involved in all forms of training, including air sea rescue, air scent work, and has trained dogs for finding drugs. David has devoted the past 10 years to studying behaviour and the very passive approach. He does not use choke chains, check chains, or any form of aggression.
David The Dogman is available for private consultations in your home, for further details telephone; Tel: (95) 2883388